Information about us:
porphyrios.com is a site operated by Porphyrios Associates LLP, a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales under company number OC376390 . We have our registered office address at 20 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7JE. Our VAT number is 454 2000 93.
In the following terms and conditions, the term “we”, "us" or "our" refers to both the company and the partnership as the context requires.
Accessing our site:
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service provided on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if our site is unavailable at any time or for any reason.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Intellectual property rights:
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. This includes, without limitation, database rights, rights in designs, rights in know-how, patents and rights in inventions and rights in inventions, whether registered or unregistered. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
All software used on our site is the property of Porphyrios Associates LLP or our software suppliers and is protected by copyright laws.
You may copy materials from our site on the following conditions:
• You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
• You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
• Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
• You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes.
You may not use our site:
• In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
• For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
• To use any data gathering or extraction tools, such as robots, on our site without our prior written consent.
You also agree:
• Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of these terms.
• Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
o any part of our site;
o any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
o any software used in the provision of our site; or
o any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Viruses, hacking and other offences:
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Suspension and termination:
• Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
• Issue of a warning to you.
• Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
• Further legal action against you.
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
Reliance on information posted:
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
DISCLAIMERS – PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY:
While we have taken care in preparing the contents of our site, the material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, our advisors and the third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
• All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
• Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation, any liability for:
• loss of income or revenue;
• loss of business;
• loss of profits, contracts or goodwill;
• loss of data;
• damage to reputation; and
• for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our site:
Information only site.
Our site is set up for the provision of information only. No contracts or transactions can be concluded through our site.
Linking to our site:
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site may not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to Head of Marketing, Devon House, 171-177 Great Portland Street, London W1W 5PQ.
Links from our site:
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. Please note that these websites have their own terms and conditions and privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies/ terms and conditions. Please check the terms and conditions and privacy policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Jurisdiction and applicable law:
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Your comments or queries:
If you have any comments or queries about material which appears on our site, please send these to Head of Marketing, Devon House, 171-177 Great Portland Street, London W1W 5PQ.Thank you for visiting our site.
Kingsland Linassi Ltd
Peter Aaron, Esto Photography
Hufton + Crow
Morley von Sternberg